2011-10-27

Guest Post from Christine Caine: I Got What I Prayed For


I Got What I Prayed For


I woke up this morning to the mayhem of getting the girls ready for school, packing lunches, packing my suitcase, organizing my briefcase and messages, checking the weather report to decide what clothes and shoes to pack, cleaning the house, and putting away the laundry (which reminded me that the tops I wanted to take were still at the dry cleaner). I also needed to get another chapter of my book to the publisher, and was asked if I would mind doing an extra session at the conference. And then I read of the riots in Greece and thought about the safety and morale of the A21 team and the plight of the victims of human trafficking in that environment.

I was considering having a little overwhelmed, complaining moment, and then remembered....

There was a time I was not married and prayed I would be.

There was a time I had no children and prayed I would.

There was a time I did not have my own home to clean and prayed I would.

There was a time I had no invitations to speak anywhere and prayed I would.

There was a time I never spoke at a main session and prayed I would.

There was a time I only spoke locally and never had to fly anywhere and I prayed I would.

There was a time I could never afford a dry cleaner or a spare top and I prayed I would.

There was a time that no publishers were talking to me and I prayed they would.

There was a time we had no A21 team in Greece and I prayed we would.

There was a time we had no rescued victims and I prayed we would.

So instead of a meltdown, I prayed and thanked God for all that He had done in my life. The tensions I was now managing were a result of the prayers I had prayed, and with each answered prayer comes another dimension of responsibility and accountability. I smiled and prayed for the grace to not only get through today, but thrive and enjoy the journey. And I already am.

I even prayed for new opportunities to reach even more people...and I will have to remember that I got what I asked for when it happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...